If you love helping others learn and are an all-around enthusiastic, accountable, motivated communicator, come work for us!
The Theme Foundry is hiring a full-time Community Manager. You’ll work as part of a small, distributed team that’s deeply committed to building beautiful, functional products for WordPress users. At The Theme Foundry, we’re focused on learning, discussion, and clarity – especially in writing! Our Community Manager will value these things, too.
What will I do on a daily basis?
You’ll be in charge of managing and advocating for our community during regular business hours. At a high level, this means enthusiastically engaging with customers, recognizing and delegating important issues to the rest of the team, and keeping your finger on the pulse of the community around our products. All this magic happens through a few channels:
- Email: We get lots of email from customers, prospective customers, and partners. You’ll be the point person on all these communications.
- Forum Support: We have three different customer support forum channels: our own Help Center, WordPress.org, and WordPress.com. You’ll be in charge of answering, organizing, and delegating these incoming support requests.
- Social media: We communicate regularly on Twitter and Facebook. You’ll be responsible for promoting our content, curating relevant content from others, conversing with our connections, and building our brand.
What other responsibilities will I have?
- Providing ongoing updates and improvements to our documentation
- Managing our email newsletters to increase brand awareness
- Reporting bugs and feature requests to Github and discussing them with the team
- Engaging in conversations with our customers
- Advocating for customers as we plan and develop new releases and features
- Immersing yourself in the WordPress community online and attending WordPress events whenever possible
- Creating surveys in an effort to gather useful, usable insights from our customers
- Collaborating on blog content with our internal team and freelance partners
Experience and qualifications
We’re looking for a dedicated, accountable, and enthusiastic person for this role. Top notch communication skills (written and oral) are a must. Basic knowledge of using WordPress is expected. WordPress community involvement is a big plus. Any basic understanding of HTML, CSS, or PHP is a bonus but not required.
Compensation and benefits
You’ll receive a base salary depending on experience and skills. You’ll also participate in our profit sharing plan, which can add 10% or much more to your base salary. Additional benefits include:
- Work from anywhere in the world – we’re a 100% distributed company!
- Reimbursement for books, conferences, or events that help you hone your craft.
- MacBook Air and LED Thunderbolt Display if you don’t have equipment.
- Vacation when you need it – just let us know when you need some time off, and consider it done! We’re very flexible about vacation days.
- 401(k) matching – we’ll kick in to help you save for retirement (for US-based employees).
As a (very) small distributed business we do not provide health insurance.
How to apply (Applications are now closed)
Send your resume and well-written cover letter to jobs [at] thethemefoundry.com. Be sure to include “Community Manager” somewhere in the subject line.
Include links to any relevant content or community management-related experience you might have. We love creative applications and want to get to know you, so don’t be shy!