Today we’re proud to announce Make 1.8.6 and Make Plus 1.8.5! There are exciting features coming to both. Column rows, refreshed builder design and more! Here’s what’s new:
Did you know that Surf Office, Postmatic, Yeah Dave, and over 700,000 small businesses run their websites with Make, our free WordPress page builder. Discover the Make page builder now.
- Added column rows. You can now add as many rows as you want to your Columns sections.
- Added new configuration dropdown. Clicking the new contextual menu (three dot icon) in a builder section reveals more options for that item.
- Improved the way images are handled inside Columns. You can now embed images inline with your column content without using the featured image field, which has now been removed.
- Refreshed the design of the builder. Colors have been updated to better match WordPress’ default styles. We also improved the look and feel of Add Item buttons in sections.
- Improved the content editor overlay. The background will now match the background color of your section for even easier editing.
- Improved the way Banner text displays on smaller screens.
- Improved behavior of overlays in builder.
- Fixed builder section helper classes on front-end, especially the case when builder-section-first and builder-section-last were added to wrong sections.
- Fixed hover on gallery caption overlays on mobile devices and fixed issues where gallery items without a link failed to show caption on hover.
- Added configuration dropdown for widgets. You can now configure widget properties or trash widgets right from the builder.
- Improved Panels content preview. Panels will now adapt its height to the amount of content added.
- Fixed issue where widget properties set from an overlay in widgetized columns were not saving.