Archive of posts with the new release topic
Big news today. We just released a brand new theme, Punchcut, and are rockin’ some fresh new digs here at Themes by Jestro. Some of you how might have been following along on Twitter and know the launch was supposed to be yesterday, but mod_rewrite decided to take me 12 rounds as I was running the final checks before launch. Needless to say, I picked up some bruises but eventually came away with a knockout.
This marks an important point in our history for several reasons (which I will get to later). I encourage you to take a look around and please let me know what you think of the new setup. Don’t hesitate to post a note in the comments if you find any bugs while browsing around. Alright, let’s talk about Punchcut.
Download Version 1.44: PRO Members head to the member download area. Free users grab your copy from the free download page.
Vigilance 1.44 has only three changes, but each change is significant. Be sure to check out the details in the changelog.
Download Version 1.43: PRO Members head to the member download area. Free users grab your copy from the free download page.
Vigilance 1.43 fixes some minor bugs and includes a couple style enhancements. Feel free to read through the changelog for details.
Testing some new styling, what do you think?
I am testing out new post title header styling here on the demo blog. I have removed the emphasis on the post titles giving them a softer look. I have also adjusted the comments font-family, changing it to the default Georgia, Times New Roman. I am thinking of including it in the next Vigilance release. Let me know what you think of the new styling in the comments.
If upgrading please read and follow the upgrade instructions carefully.
Download Version 1.20: PRO Members head to the member download area. Free users grab your copy from the free download page.
Titan has now been upgraded to our new framework and is ready for translation! We just recently completed this process with Vigilance, our flagship WordPress theme. We didn’t want Titan to feel left out, so she is now sporting a shiny new options page and framework as well.
Very Important: If upgrading please read and follow the upgrade instructions carefully.
Download Version 1.40: PRO Members head to the member download area. Free users grab your copy from the free download page.
This is an exciting day for Vigilance! The release of version 1.40 comes a little over a year after the initial 1.0 release. Vigilance has come a long way since then and today it is taking a monumental step forward.
This is by far the biggest, boldest, and best update in Vigilance history. The list of features, enhancements, and bug fixes is enormous. The best part: no bloat. I was focused on keeping the code clean and lightweight. I was also determined to improve the aesthetics and usability of Vigilance with this release. Let’s take a look at what’s new.
A fresh new version of Vigilance is ready for download. Here’s what’s new:
- Bugfix: Custom code in the sidebox was broken in 1.33
- Security Enhancement: Added empty index files to prevent directory snooping
- Enhancement: Added styling for
<p> tags in the custom code box
- Enhancement: Cleaner padding implemented in the post meta
Download Version 1.34 Now!
If you have you been waiting for an internationalized version of Vigilance—your wait is almost over. We will be internationalizing Vigilance very soon! This will not effect English users, but will make it much easier for all of our international users.
Version 1.32 contained a bug that improperly formatted your footer stats code. Thanks to Andy for catching this and pointing it out. We are pushing out version 1.33 quickly to resolve this issue. If you haven’t downloaded 1.32 you should simply skip to 1.33. If you have downloaded and installed 1.32 the only changed file in 1.33 is
Sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused anyone!
Download Version 1.33 Now
Vigilance 1.32 is now official. Here are the changes:
- Enhancement: Optimized comment hover bubble to avoid a brief flicker of the background image
- Security Enhancement: Properly sanitized all theme option HTML outputs
- Enhancement: Updated the demo Feedburner email updates link to point to Google
- Bug Fix: Fixed two XHTML validation errors
- Enhancement: Removed empty logo image
- Enhancement: Tweaked the alert box color to improve aesthetics
Download Version 1.32 Now!
Note: A new version of the PRO child theme has also been released. Only 1 line has changed; line 76 in the
header.php file. I encourage existing PRO members to just replace this line to avoid overwriting any existing customizations. Download version 1.21 of the PRO Child Theme.
Version 1.31 contains one important bug fix for some Vigilance users and a minor enhancement:
- Bug Fix: Vigilance 1.30 implemented default “thin” sidebars along with a default “wide” sidebar. This created a problem because some users don’t actually use the “thin” sidebars. In version 1.30 the default “thin” sidebars no longer disappeared when left empty. This is corrected in 1.31.
- Enhancement: Replaced an instance of
is_front_page in the header. This is beneficial to users who do not use a “blog page” as their default home page.
Download Version 1.31 Now!
Vigilance Added to WordPress.com!
We are proud and excited to announce that Vigilance was added to the available themes on WordPress.com on Wednesday night. WordPress.com has over 1.25 million active blogs and Vigilance is now 1 of 60 themes available to those users. This is truly an honor and we couldn’t be more excited, thanks to all of our users and to WordPress.com!
New PRO Feature: Page Templates
We have released version 1.2 of the PRO Child Theme which includes two new page templates! A really handy full width page template and a left sidebar template. PRO members can download the latest version in the support forums. If you’re not a PRO member yet, what are you waiting for? Sign-up today and start enjoying the benefits!
Vigilance 1.23 Released
Version 1.23 is now available, including a bunch of new features and bug fixes:
- New Feature: Improved
code styling including styling for
<pre>, <pre> tags are really handy when showing code examples
- New feature: Comments are now available on pages when they are enabled
- New feature: Post/page pagination, spread your long posts across multiple pages by using the
- Improved home page recognition that fixes some blogs showing two pages as current in the main navigation when using a static front page
- Improved styling on the Float Quote element
- Better alignment of the sidebar widget list item images
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the “Comments are closed.” message from being displayed on posts that already had comments
- Fixed some improperly coded links in the theme options menu
- Fixed a bug that was generating slashes in the Feedbox and Alert Box
- Fixed a bug that was generating slashes on rotating image
Download 1.23 Now!
First 50 Memberships Sold Out
We have sold through the first 50 memberships, the 50% off coupon is no longer active. If you missed one of the first 50 memberships you are in luck. We just rolled out a brand new coupon that saves you $10 off the cost of a PRO membership. Sign-up with coupon code C9406.