We have some exciting news to announce. Vigilance 1.22 has been released and we are now offering a PRO Membership with the following benefits:
- Members only forum
- Unlimited theme support
- Priority upgrades
- Comprehensive theme tutorials
- Killer customization tips
- Logo Pack: Your logo in the header!
PRO Memberships are being offered at an introductory price of $39 and to kick it off we are offering a
50% discount coupon to the first 50 members to sign up! That’s just $19.50!
with the coupon code 6CA27 to receive your discount. Sold Out.
Why PRO Membership?
We felt it was time to start offering “real” support and premium upgrades to Vigilance users that need help and/or want power features. Vigilance has been supported in the comments until now, but as the users grew a more robust solution became necessary. That put us in a predicament, we didn’t have time for a more robust “free” solution, and if we were going to support Vigilance, we wanted to do it right.
We also realized support can be a big problem when choosing an open source theme. You always wonder: Will the developer be around to help if something goes wrong or if I have questions? Most users feel comfortable downloading a theme if they know they will have someone to turn to when they have a problem or just need some help. PRO membership gives users that “safety net” and allows us to offer robust support and premium upgrades to those users that want it.
Just the Beginning
We will continue to add PRO Membership benefits as time goes on. We are planning to release more free themes, including one very soon. PRO Members will receive support for all current and future Jestro Themes as part of their membership. Consider your PRO membership an investment that will grow as we release more themes, features, and benefits.
If you have any thoughts about this exciting news feel free to leave a comment. We would love to hear your feedback.
Update: Vigilance 1.22 Features
Forgot to include the new Vigilance 1.22 features in the original post. Here they are:
- Cleaned up the Theme Options menu and added a PRO member option for a logo in the header.
- Tweaked the copyright notice in the head meta to say “Theme Design Copyright” instead of “Copyright”
We will be releasing a new version with more bug fixes and some more PRO features soon!
Vigilance 1.21 is now official. Head over to the download page to grab a copy. Take a look at the improvements:
- Fixed broken layout when login is required to make comments
- Added a new theme option to exclude header navigation items by page ID (thanks Jason!)
- Search box added when search returns no results
- Fixed font sizing on child pages in the sidebar
- Restyled the original
blockquote and changed the old style to
Check out the new and improved super-duper blockquote! Clean, professional, and eye-catching. You can still use the old style, check the updated tutorials page for specific instructions.
We are happy to announce Vigilance 1.2 has been released! This is the most stable Vigilance release to date. A few bugs have been squashed and some new features added:
- Cleaned up the alternating comment coloring
- Search term was not included in the title of the search results page
- Added trackbacks/pingbacks functionality and separated them from the comments
- Fixed too many tags breaking the layout issue
- Fixed the custom code feature so that it actually works
Hope everyone enjoys the release and be sure to report any bugs in the comments.
In the rush to push out a fix for the comments issue we missed a formatting error in the
functions.php file. This is causes a
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by error when you try to login to your WordPress admin panel. Please immediately update to 1.16 to fix this issue. 1.15 will no longer be available for download.
Unfortunately, a bug has been discovered in version 1.14 that causes the following error in all versions prior to 2.7 (which is currently in beta):
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: post_password_required()
This 1.15 release fixes that bug. We encourage everyone that upgraded to 1.14 to now upgrade to 1.15. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We pushed out Vigilance 1.14 today in anticipation of the upcoming WordPress 2.7 release. Vigilance 1.14 is ready for 2.7 and we are already running the latest beta version here! One of the most exciting new features of 2.7 is comment threading. We are excited to announce Vigilance now has built in support for comment threading. We encourage you to take a look at all of the new features that will be included in WordPress 2.7.
Note: Older versions of Vigilance will work with 2.7, but will not have the comment threading feature. As always we recommend upgrading to the latest version.
Features and fixes in version 1.13:
- Fixed bugs relating to link color switching in the theme options menu
- Added an option to disable image hovers in the theme options menu
- Properly cleared entry
div to fix floated blockquotes and other floated elements
- Added automatic author comment highlighting
We pushed out a quick release with two small updates, nothing major. Look for Vigilance 1.2 to drop over the coming weeks. It will have some nice new features including the option to change the width of the theme from within the Theme Options panel.
Version 1.11 of Vigilance was released today:
- New alert box for the home page that can be toggled on and off through the theme options panel
- Added a permalink to comments and cleaned up the comments template
- Switched the date location on single posts
- Fixed date spacing on post titles
- Removed favicon from the default theme files to prevent upgrade overwriting
We just pushed out Vigilance 1.1 which contains a few new features and some bug fixes. We highly recommend upgrading to this release:
- Added background color and link color to the Theme Options Menu for super easy color customization. The
background.css file has now been deprecated.
- The theme is now fully compatible with the subscribe to comments plugin and now contains a link to the comment RSS feed.
- Added “Edit” links to posts and pages for easy editing when you are logged in with proper privileges.
- Added proper paragraph spacing for comments
- Added a “Your comment is awaiting moderation” message when the feature is enabled.
- Fixed recent comments widget display bug.
- Fixed category widget when post count was enabled.