Vigilance 1.44 has only three changes, but each change is significant. Be sure to check out the details in the changelog.
Archive of posts with the wordpress theme topic
Vigilance 1.43 fixes some minor bugs and includes a couple style enhancements. Feel free to read through the changelog for details.
Testing some new styling, what do you think?
I am testing out new post title header styling here on the demo blog. I have removed the emphasis on the post titles giving them a softer look. I have also adjusted the comments font-family, changing it to the default Georgia, Times New Roman. I am thinking of including it in the next Vigilance release. Let me know what you think of the new styling in the comments.
If upgrading please read and follow the upgrade instructions carefully.
Titan has now been upgraded to our new framework and is ready for translation! We just recently completed this process with Vigilance, our flagship WordPress theme. We didn’t want Titan to feel left out, so she is now sporting a shiny new options page and framework as well.
Very Important: If upgrading please read and follow the upgrade instructions carefully.
This is an exciting day for Vigilance! The release of version 1.40 comes a little over a year after the initial 1.0 release. Vigilance has come a long way since then and today it is taking a monumental step forward.
This is by far the biggest, boldest, and best update in Vigilance history. The list of features, enhancements, and bug fixes is enormous. The best part: no bloat. I was focused on keeping the code clean and lightweight. I was also determined to improve the aesthetics and usability of Vigilance with this release. Let’s take a look at what’s new.
Titan 1.12 has just been released. Go ahead and download it now. This release is a minor upgrade fixing a couple small issues:
- Bugfix: Missing paragraph styling in the sidebox
- Bugfix: Long post headers were not wrapping correctly
Titan has been very quick, lean, and stable since it’s initial launch 4 short months ago. If you have any bug reports please post them in the comments.
Due to the success of our Spring Membership sale we are running a summer sale! This time around the sale is limited to 100 coupons. Sign-up now and save $5 off PRO membership with coupon code 34D3F.
A fresh new version of Vigilance is ready for download. Here’s what’s new:
- Bugfix: Custom code in the sidebox was broken in 1.33
- Security Enhancement: Added empty index files to prevent directory snooping
- Enhancement: Added styling for
<p>tags in the custom code box
- Enhancement: Cleaner padding implemented in the post meta
If you have you been waiting for an internationalized version of Vigilance—your wait is almost over. We will be internationalizing Vigilance very soon! This will not effect English users, but will make it much easier for all of our international users.
Version 1.32 contained a bug that improperly formatted your footer stats code. Thanks to Andy for catching this and pointing it out. We are pushing out version 1.33 quickly to resolve this issue. If you haven’t downloaded 1.32 you should simply skip to 1.33. If you have downloaded and installed 1.32 the only changed file in 1.33 is
Sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused anyone!
Vigilance 1.32 is now official. Here are the changes:
- Enhancement: Optimized comment hover bubble to avoid a brief flicker of the background image
- Security Enhancement: Properly sanitized all theme option HTML outputs
- Enhancement: Updated the demo Feedburner email updates link to point to Google
- Bug Fix: Fixed two XHTML validation errors
- Enhancement: Removed empty logo image
- Enhancement: Tweaked the alert box color to improve aesthetics
Note: A new version of the PRO child theme has also been released. PRO members should download version 1.11 of the PRO Child Theme.
We just pushed out Titan 1.11 with some new features, bug fixes, and modifications. Here is the laundry list of changes:
- Feature: You can now disable Flickr from the theme options menu and use a footer widget instead
- Feature: Added a style for
<h2>tags in the top notice
- Feature: The image
.borderclass now actually puts a nice border around an entry image
- Bug Fix: Sidebar photo was too wide by a couple pixels
- Bug Fix: Hide categories from navigation menu did not work
- Bug Fix: Incorrectly closed list
- Titan now registers a sidebar by default
- The notice is no longer enabled by default
- Cleaned up and streamlined the notice theme options
- Corrections in the about section of the footer
Note: A new version of the PRO child theme has also been released. Only 1 line has changed; line 76 in the
header.php file. I encourage existing PRO members to just replace this line to avoid overwriting any existing customizations. Download version 1.21 of the PRO Child Theme.
Version 1.31 contains one important bug fix for some Vigilance users and a minor enhancement:
- Bug Fix: Vigilance 1.30 implemented default “thin” sidebars along with a default “wide” sidebar. This created a problem because some users don’t actually use the “thin” sidebars. In version 1.30 the default “thin” sidebars no longer disappeared when left empty. This is corrected in 1.31.
- Enhancement: Replaced an instance of
is_front_pagein the header. This is beneficial to users who do not use a “blog page” as their default home page.