How to improve image quality
By default, WordPress compresses and resizes your images so that your site loads more quickly. This process degrades image quality. Here are several tips to improve image quality:
Did you know that Surf Office, Postmatic, Yeah Dave, and over 700,000 small businesses run their websites with Make, our free WordPress page builder. Discover the Make page builder now.
- Don’t use blurry or pixelated images. Instead, capture or source high quality and high resolution photographs.
- When possible, resize your images to the required dimensions before uploading them to WordPress. You can find a list of image dimensions at the bottom of most theme tutorials.
- Regardless of file format, use the RGB (screen) color space. The CMYK color space is for print media.
- Increase WordPress’ default JPEG image compression limit with the SimpleJPEGQuality plugin.
- Alter the sharpness of resized images with the Sharpen Resized Images plugin.