By default, WordPress compresses and resizes your images so that your site loads more quickly. This process degrades image quality. Here are several tips to improve image quality:
- Don’t use blurry or pixelated images. Instead, capture or source high quality and high resolution photographs.
- When possible, resize your images to the required dimensions before uploading them to WordPress. You can find a list of image dimensions at the bottom of most theme tutorials.
- Regardless of file format, use the RGB (screen) color space. The CMYK color space is for print media.
- Increase WordPress’ default JPEG image compression limit with the SimpleJPEGQuality plugin.
- Alter the sharpness of resized images with the Sharpen Resized Images plugin.