Manually updating your existing theme/plugin
Always make a backup of your
/wp-content/ folder before you update any themes or plugins. Download the entire folder to your local hard drive using an FTP client. If something goes wrong during this process delete the
/wp-content/ folder from your server and replace it with your backup.
Once you finish your backup, follow the instructions below.
For Make Plus…
- Download the Make Plus plugin by clicking the My Downloads button at the top of this page and unzip the plugin package.
- Rename the old plugin folder on your server to something like
- Upload the newly downloaded plugin folder to your
/wp-content/pluginsfolder on your server.
Make Plus should now be updated. If everything appears to be working well, you may delete the
Did you know that Surf Office, Postmatic, Yeah Dave, and over 700,000 small businesses run their websites with Make, our free WordPress page builder. Discover the Make page builder now.
For all other themes…
- Download the plugin by clicking the My Downloads button at the top of this page and unzip the package.
- Rename the old theme folder on your server to something like
- Upload the newly downloaded theme folder to your
/wp-content/themesfolder on your server.
Note: If you’re using a child theme, leave it active and only re-name the parent theme. You don’t need to de-activate or re-name the child theme.
Your theme should now be updated. If everything appears to be working well, you may delete the