Always make a backup of your
/wp-content/ folder before you update any themes or plugins. Download the entire folder to your local hard drive using an FTP client. If something goes wrong during this process delete the
/wp-content/ folder from your server and replace it with your backup.
Once you finish your backup, follow the instructions below.
For Make Plus…
- Download the Make Plus plugin by clicking the My Downloads button at the top of this page and unzip the plugin package.
- Rename the old plugin folder on your server to something like
- Upload the newly downloaded plugin folder to your
/wp-content/pluginsfolder on your server.
Make Plus should now be updated. If everything appears to be working well, you may delete the
For all other themes…
- Download the plugin by clicking the My Downloads button at the top of this page and unzip the package.
- Rename the old theme folder on your server to something like
- Upload the newly downloaded theme folder to your
/wp-content/themesfolder on your server.
Note: If you’re using a child theme, leave it active and only re-name the parent theme. You don’t need to de-activate or re-name the child theme.
Your theme should now be updated. If everything appears to be working well, you may delete the