The first stop on your customization journey will be the General panel.
The General panel in the Customizer has options to set and control the most basic elements of your site’s design.
Site Title & Tagline
Type the title and tagline for your site or check the boxes to hide either or both of those elements.
Make now supports the custom logo functionality added into the WordPress Core in version 4.5.
You can add a logo, site icon, and favicon under General → Site Identity.
Since there’s no longer be a separate input for a retina version of the logo, we recommend installing the WP Retina 2x plugin for enhanced retina logo support.
- Mobile Menu Label: Sets the label text that is shown in the mobile menu. It reads “Menu” by default, but you can change it to whatever you’d like.
- Sticky Label: Sets the text that appears atop your sticky posts.
- Read More Label: Sets the link text that appears beneath excerpted posts.
If you have selected Show social icons in header under Layout → Header or Show social icons in footer under Layout → Footer, Social Icons is the place to enter your links, email address, and custom RSS feed.
To add a new icon and profile:
- Click .
- Enter the full URL of your profile.
Make will automatically match up the icon with your profile if you’ve entered it correctly.
To rearrange your social icons:
- Drag and drag your profile items in order.
- Click to see your changes live.
Make sure you include
https:// at the beginning of each.
Static Front Page
Make supports a static front page, or it can display your latest posts on the landing page for a more blog-oriented site. If you choose A static front page, dropdown selectors appear for you to set your “Front page” and your “Posts page.”
Available in Make Plus only, check the box if you would like to hide the branded message in your site footer, “Built with Make. Your friendly small business site builder.” with one click.